During a recent visit to Sue and Steve Heatherington at The Waterside we were introduced to the idea of First Fridays – which we really liked. First Fridays are about making connections with like minded people, about becoming a community.
Our work and our life here revolve around making connections and learning from them; connecting knowledge, each other, nature, the past, present and future, connecting with who we are.
So in the best tradition of Renew, Reuse, Recycle, we have borrowed the idea of First Fridays for Like Work But Different.
Therefore, from March 1st (St David’s Day, very appropriate) and on the first Friday of every month thereafter, we will be opening The Hub to guests who want to just drop in, drink coffee and eat cake whilst thinking, reading, working, meeting…. All for free.
Find out more…
As the world’s politicians and billionaires travel to Davos in sunny Switzerland this week, plans are well underway for the next event here.
The EA Model Management summit will be held here on February 20th.
Specialist users of Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect will be meeting for a day of sharing experiences, problem solving and cake eating.
Who is it for?
- EA Model Managers.
- Learning together and building on each other’s ideas & experience
- Tackling agreed common problems.
- To develop and deliver transferable skills and solutions that can be applied to our models straight away.
- It’s “Davos” for Large Enterprise Architect Models
We’ll be answering questions such as:
- How can we maintain control of our architecture models?
- What’s the best way to coordinate model contents across programmes and projects?
- How can we improve the way we do model governance?
- What can we do to make sure quality doesn’t drop as the model grows?
- What’s really going on inside our models?
- and much more
Places are still available – see http://www.abilityengineering.co.uk/index.php/events for more information and to book your place.
After a busy month of moving, painting and cleaning, the Like Work But Different office is now ready for our beta testers.
Here are some pictures of the office. And yes, we are about to get some professional shots done!
This is the main office, set out in ‘boardroom’ style.
Theater-style, it can take up to 20, boardroom-style, up to 12 people. See here ready for an 8-person meeting)
If you’d like a personal desk, here’s one set-up in the sunny corner:
..and here’s the view:
And when you really need a coffee, or just somewhere else to sit, there’s the kitchen:
Enough space for a meeting/workshop for up to 8 people.
And finally, for the indoors bit, the conservatory, currently setup just as a setting room:
So that’s it – ready to start adding more information to the website!